Automatic Number Plate Recognition system for access security, traffic management and vehicle inventory management
Automatic Number Plate Recognition System
This Automatic Number Plate Recognition System (ANPR) has several applications including area access security, traffic management, car parking access, vehicle inventory management and monitoring and law enforcement.
How it works?
The Digination ANPR system is a robust software that uses intelligent optical character recognition (OCR) technology. To enhance accuracy, our software engineers have specifically designed the OCR algorithms.
It enables a computer to read the registration number of the vehicle from digital pictures received from a CCTV feed with very high processing speed. Digination’s ANPR system can process a wide range of image qualities and is able to capture the registration number of fast-moving vehicles while avoiding the blur.
- Reads the vehicle registration number plate to match with databases and informs about vehicles with pending or unpaid registration
- Can extract data from external sources in real-time
- Can be used with existing camera, supports ONVIF compliant cameras
- Camera function including pan, tilt, and zoom can be controlled with a single click
- Can read number plates of vehicles passing at speeds as high as 120 km/h
- Can display characters extracted from the number plate or display the image of the number plate as it is
- Uses pattern recognition technologies for all number plates
- Database of the vehicle numbers captured can be created and fed into other applications
- Can be mounted on the vehicles of law enforcement agencies
- Customisable for different countries
– plate-size can be predefined
– can read standard international number plates (single line)
– can read two-line number plates
– can read number plates of different colours
– can read predefined set of characters e.g. an arrow (both horizontal and vertical)